We are partnering with an innovative and exciting Aerospace & Defence business who is seeking a Trade Compliance Manager to join their expanding team.
The successful candidate will be required to oversee the trade compliance function of the company working particularly closely with the other members of the Legal & Commercial division, our Finance division and with other areas of the company as required.
- Offer advice, guidance, support and training to the company’s divisions on UK export control regulations and related applicable trade compliance procedures and processes.
- Manage all export control licencing requirements and applications (including PV grading and F680/F1686 applications) to ensure trade compliance and allow business objectives to be met in the most effective and efficient manner possible.
- Prepare accurate and compliant import/export paperwork, customs documents, address all HMRC and related import/export requirements and maintain complete records for audit.
- Liaise with nominated freight forwarder and internally with the relevant division(s) to ensure timely completion of all import and export control procedures to enable transit of goods.
- Determine and keep under review the classification of goods, software and technology to be exported.
- Determine and keep under review applicable commodity codes applicable to the company’s export of goods and services and liaise with the Finance division in relation to the completion of commercial invoices.
- Advise (with legal and external support as required) on the application of US export control regulations (ITAR/EAR) to the company’s business activities.
- Manage the drafting, review and updating of all internal trade compliance related policies and procedures.
- Over 5 years’ experience dealing with Trade Compliance and Export Control, with in Defence sector would be advantageous.
- Ideally have some experience in advising on US export control regulations such as ITAR & EAR.
- In depth understanding of tariff classifications, customs valuations and origin determination
- Proven ability to influence and challenge across all levels of business
- The successful applicant must be a UK National and may be required to successfully complete National Security Vetting which may require criminal record, security service and credit reference checks; qualification will also normally require a minimum UK residency of at least 5 years.
Share this vacancy
Location: Lincoln, United Kingdom
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 + Benefits
Posted: 02 Nov 2021