We have partnered with one of the leading art organisations in London and are looking for a Senior Art Technician, to join their talented team.
This individual will ideally have expertise in the safe storage, handling, transportation and installation of Fine Art, with a major focus on collections and incoming goods.
- The handling and packing of sculptures, paintings and other art and media.
- Manage a team of Art Technicians and ensure the process from property arriving to its release post-sale is dealt with up to the company’s standards.
- Installation and de-installations within the galleries, client’s properties or at exhibitions.
- Assist with the collections and deliveries to clients, storage facilities and art fairs/events.
- Ensure the database is kept accurate and up to date, that artworks are catalogued, and all documentation is completed.
- Provide training in Contemporary Art handling and installation and lead complex installations and preparation for exhibitions.
- Ensure that all packing and transportation of fine art is carried out in a safe and timely manner.
- Communicate professionally with all clients within the warehouse and whilst representing the company at installs and exhibitions.
- Carry out health and safety checks and maintain the upmost level of security.
- Previous experience in an Art Handling/Technician role for a Gallery, Auction House or Art Logistics company.
- Experience and skills in management and leadership.
- Contemporary Art packing and hanging experience and the ability to deal with complex installations.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to work professionally internally and externally.
- Experience leading a team of Art Technicians is beneficial.
- Flexibility to work overtime when required.
Share this vacancy
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posted: 19 Nov 2021