Our client, a well-established Removals & Storage company, is looking for an Operational Assistant Manager to join their team in Middlesex, UK.
The Removals Operational Assistant Manager will promote the company within the Removals/Storage sector and will take responsibility for the success and profitability of the Removals operation whilst delivering a high quality service with a view to identifying development opportunities on an on-going basis.
- Ensure jobs are booked properly and that crews have correct materials and equipment.
- Liaise with Sale Department and Operational director to ensure that job-sheets have correct information and documentation is completed accurately.
- Staff allocation and management of vehicles Diary management
- Ensure all jobs are completed professionally and on time
- Liaise with customer and crew to resolve live issues, keeping management informed.
- Assisting customer service with complaints with driver interviews.
- Ensure daily vehicle and staff checks are completed.
- Quality control inspections.
- Liaise with mechanic to ensure vehicles are fit for purpose & road-worthy
- Liaise with Operational Director with respect to vehicle maintenance plan. Book vehicles in for service/repair/MOT.
- Managing staff holidays. Ensure adequate cover at peak periods.
- Liaise with Operational Director to resolve crew issues/dispute resolution
- Ensure H&S /Training records are up to date for each employee working with Transport manager/Operational Director.
- Maintaining divers profile folders
- Negotiating with third party suppliers
- Dealing Ad hoc payments fines etc
- Removal training to new staff
- Liaise with warehouse manager with collections & deliveries updating records/CRM.
- Other ad hoc duties.
The ideal candidate will;
- Have experience in the domestic and overseas removals market
- Be commercially aware and have the ability to display strong leadership skills providing direction, motivating others and sound decision making
- Have good problem solving skills
- Be an effective communicator, both written and oral
- Be customer service focussed
- Have the ability to work to deadlines in an ever changing environment
Share this vacancy
Location: Middlesex, England
Salary: £30k per year
Posted: 15 Feb 2018