Our client a highly regarded relocation service company, is currently seeking an individual for the newly created position of Business Development Manager. The individual will build on their reputation and success through strategic and operational marketing, sales and relationship building.
This position will be based in their Amsterdam office with occasional business travel to London, UK. The role offers the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment working with an international clientele.
- You will work with a team of professionals who care about providing exceptional guidance and care to organizations and individual clients requiring management of international relocation services.
- Reporting to the Director you will work with potential and existing organization clients to identify and sell international relocation services.
- Impress your clients with your empathy, flexibility, availability, follow-through and knowledge.
- Collaborate with the organisations' business directors to develop a multi-year business development strategy.
- Create and execute business segment specific marketing & sales plans with quantitative and qualitative objectives.
- Research organisations and individuals via news articles, social media, industry events etc., to identify potential new clients and the purchasing decision makers.
- Engage and influence organization decision makers to recognize and value the company's expertise in relocation management.
- Prepare marketing and public relations materials.
- Prepare and present sales presentations and tenders for new business.
- Negotiate new business quotations and proposals.
- Develop and nurture close relationships with prospective and continuing customers.
- Initiate new and participate in existing networking and public relations opportunities.
- Regularly measure progress against strategic and operational objectives, adjusting processes and individual actions to ensure objectives are achieved.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience with internal collaboration and personal creation of a business development strategy and supporting marketing, public relations and sales plans.
- Successful sales execution demonstrated by documented rankings, awards, incentives and other quantitative measures.
- Excellent oral and written communications including proposals, presentations, marketing materials and public speaking engagements.
- Ability to provide pre- and post-sale consultation to clients to provide subject matter expertise and increase interest in relocation services.
- Extensive networking with influential peers that can translate into business opportunities.
- English fluency necessary.
- Proficient with Excel, Word & Powerpoint.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline.
- At least 2 years of sales experience representing service companies to business clients.
- Experience in business development including the creation of strategy and marketing plans.
Share this vacancy
Location: Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
Salary: Excellent basic salary plus commission
Posted: 29 Jan 2019