Our client, an International Relocation company are looking to recruit a General Manager for their New York branch.
The General Manager is a key role reporting to the CEO. The successful applicant will be responsible for driving all aspects of the business for Global and commercial relocation spanning across business development, account management and best practice service delivery.
- Driving them team through continuous improvement process, staff development, team building, training and creating a work culture that is conducive to optimum employee productivity and creativity.
- Financial management including budgeting and forecasting, monthly review and annotations.
- Proactive involvement with Customer Service performance, issue escalation, training, and process flow for exceptional service delivery. Internal and external customer performance evaluation and resolution.
- Accountable for consistent communication and coordination with other departments such as Residential Services.
- Represent the company by building strong partnerships with vendors and suppliers.
- Responsible for hiring, onboarding, and training of direct reports.
- Responsible for radical focus and management of inventory to minimize vacancy and provide quality product.
- Responsible for day to day oversight of inside sales team with focus on lead management, booking activity, and client relations support.
- Support Sales by participating in proposals, pricing decisions, and communicate relevant information in sales meetings when appropriate.
- Look to gain an advantage over the competition by recommending different or additional services based on customer needs.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends as well as the local business direction and shares with team.
- Responsible for special projects as necessary to enhance the team's job performance.
- Ideally 15+ Years experience of dealing with the relocation of household goods industry experience.
- 7 Years Managerial Level Assignments, at least 4 years at a senior managerial level looking after 40+ employees.
- Previous experience of attending Relocation industry related gatherings
- A good understanding of Worldwide Transportation industry
- Basic Multimodal Bill of Lading, legal understanding
- Moving/Relocations Sales experience
- Basic accounting understanding
- Worldwide Agent relations within the Household Goods/Relocation Industry
- Good negotiation skills along with having excellent relationship skills
In return they are willing to offer a salary in the region of $150,000 - $200,000 with additional benefits depending on experience.
Share this vacancy
Location: New York, New Jersey, United States
Salary: $150k - $200k USD + Benefits DOE
Posted: 08 Apr 2019