We have a fantastic opportunity for a pro-active and enthusiastic Compensation Manager to join our client at their exciting office based in the Chicago suburbs, IL.
This opportunity is ideal for a hands-on individual who is able to handle pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced environment driven by deadlines in order to manage the smooth running of the business operations.
The successful candidate can look forward to working for a forward-thinking business offering end-to-end solutions and a collaborative approach.
As Compensation Manager, your main responsibilities will include:
- Independently design, implement and administer strategically focused compensation programs for all areas within the company
- Function as the subject matter expert for all aspects of base pay, variable compensation, and some areas of Executive Compensation
- Ensure that consistent, equitable and competitive salary treatment of employees is maintained
- Conduct, participate in, and analyse salary surveys, summarizes results, presents findings and prepares recommendations
- Recommend and implement improvements to the annual compensation program and may serve as project lead on major compensation programs
- Assist managers, associates and HR Generalists with the design and make up of job families and positions within the organization
- Review proposed job titles and recommends alternative titles when appropriate. Assists in coordinating job title consistency throughout the organization where appropriate.
- Determine competitive compensation levels and assist in design, development, implementation and administration of incentive compensation programs
- Manage special projects and/or studies on a variety of compensation projects, programs and policies and related matters
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, HR, or other field related to functional work or role with multiple years of relevant work experience
- Able to communicate clearly and courteously with those who need to know of decisions/actions/problems
- Requires excellent communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand
- Must be well versed in compensation theory/practice, and in local, state and federal laws and regulations such as the Fair Labor Standards Act, and Equal Pay Act
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP)
- Advanced Excel skills
If you meet the above criteria and feel this role will offer you the new challenge you are looking for, please apply today!
Share this vacancy
Sector: Human Resources
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States
Salary: $115k - 120k per year
Posted: 06 Aug 2018