A prestigious Auction House are seeking to hire a professional to head up their watches department in New York.
The main responsibilities include:
- Manage and lead the department specialists, promoting individual progression as well as the overall success and development of the department.
- Maintain strong relationships with clients and continuously encourage new business development.
- Oversee and monitor the operations within the department and provide strategic training for staff members when required.
- Manage the cataloguing process for all property, ensuring they meet the high standards and are completed in a timely manner.
- Set and adhere to the company budget and strategize methods of economic improvement.
- Liaise with collectors on a regular basis and arrange client visits to encourage further business connections and increase the company's presence.
- Previous experience working in a managerial role within an Auction House or Gallery is required.
- A thorough understanding of the Watches market is required.
- Good communication skills to formulate long lasting client relations.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Willingness to travel for client visits and networking events.
Share this vacancy
Location: New York, United States
Salary: Market related
Posted: 17 Dec 2018