Our client, a provider of moving services, is searching for an experienced Warehouse Manager to join their team based in Hertfordshire. The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of a busy warehouse, ensuring all operations run safely and efficiently at all times.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Day to day management of the warehouse, ensuring all operations are running effectively, safely, and within tight deadlines.
- Innovate, introduce and maintain strong working operational procedures into the warehouse, consistently striving to improve warehouse operations.
- Weekly reviews of KPI's for warehouse employees, deploying resources and organising shifts taking into account holidays and absences.
- Taking into account the seasonal nature of the business and making decisions to improve efficiency to meet client demands during busier periods.
- Overseeing warehouse expenses, recommending more efficient working methods when necessary to improve efficiency and profitability.
- Assisting with picking and vehicle loading as required and displaying knowledge of loading and unloading containers safely.
- Acting as a first point of contact for issues and escalations from warehouse employees, clients and tenants.
- Sharing knowledge with younger members of the warehouse, and organising extra training for all employees when necessary to ensure continuous employee improvement and customer satisfaction at all times.
- Administrative duties such as answering emails, telephone calls and other queries quickly and accurately.
- Over 5 years' warehouse industry experience.
- Managerial qualifications desirable, but not essential
- Exceptional leadership and management skills
- Excellent communication skills, demonstrating an ability to communicate with individuals at all levels within the warehouse
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic attitude
Monday - Friday shifts, 10 hours between 6:00am and 6:00pm including 1 hour for lunch.
If you are interested in hearing more about this exciting opportunity, please contact Alchemy today.
Share this vacancy
Sector: Logistics, Procurement, Distribution and Supply Chain
Location: Hertfordshire, England
Salary: £negotiable depending on experience
Posted: 10 Dec 2018