Our client, a Japanese cultural entity based in London, are looking to hire a Programming Officer on a contract basis.
The key responsibilities for this position include:
- Devise programme proposals and assist in the successful implementation of events and activities in order to ensure visitor satisfaction and increase profits.
- Promote the Japanese culture and maximise the visitors experience and engagement.
- Ensure that the programme department functions efficiently and effectively by implementing and overseeing administrative process, including the preparation and organisation of information, documentation and other records.
- Supporting the install and de-install of all projects and events.
- Manage all marketing and promotion materials and resources in order to maximise publicity and showcase the organisations Japanese ethos.
- Source products and services and complete all vendor application forms.
- Conduct and prepare for meetings with the programming team to discuss upcoming events, and report on the success of past activities using qualitative and quantitative data.
- Monitor correspondence, respond to in-coming emails and direct enquiries or queries to appropriate members of the team.
The key skills required include:
- Previous experience in a similar role with responsibility for executive-level correspondence, administration and logistics management and programming.
- Exposure to sector (Museum, Arts, NFP, Visitor Attraction, Heritage Destination or Tourism Development) preferred.
- Strong in-depth knowledge of language and culture in Japan.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent qualification in a relevant field.
- Additional training / courses completed in associated areas advantageous.
- Knowledge of funding application process for artistic and / or community engagement. programmes through grants etc, beneficial.
- High level of proficiency in full MS Office suite.
- Use of CRM and other software systems beneficial.
Share this vacancy
Location: London, Greater London, England
Salary: Market related
Posted: 09 Jan 2019