We are currently seeking an experienced and capable Shipping Coordinator, for a successful and growing company based in Felixstowe.
The purpose of the role is to provide a high quality Import/Export Service to the company's clients, with a focus on efficiency and accuracy.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Plan and Control all Import, Export, Delivery processes on a day to day basis.
- Ensuring all Consignments are loaded onto systems prior to arrival/departure by EDI, or manual checks.
- Receiving relevant information from Customers to expedite customs clearance and delivery/release of cargo.
- Build relationships with customers and suppliers, resolving any issues and ensuring successful resolutions.
- Fully conversant with Customs Entries
- European Road Freight experience preferred but not essential
- Export Experience also an advantage
- Conversant with Port Health Requirements, CED, CVEDS etc
- Computer literate
- Possess team player qualities
- Able to plan ahead and a pro-active attitude
- Excellent customer service skills
This is an excellent opportunity to join a great company and develop your career within the shipping industry.
Salary is commensurate with experience and the company are aiming to move swiftly to secure the right candidate.
If you meet the specification and wish to discuss the role further, please apply as quickly as possible.
Share this vacancy
Sector: Logistics, Procurement, Distribution and Supply Chain
Location: Felixstowe, Suffolk, England
Salary: £25k - 30k per year
Posted: 10 Jan 2019