A Fine Art Shipping company are seeking to hire an experienced Fine Art Handler or HGV Driver to join their team in London.
The main responsibilities include:
- Carefully packing and wrapping artworks, antiques and furniture ready for transportation.
- Safely load the goods onto the vehicles and ensure they are fitted securely.
- Carry out the safe transportation of all goods in UK and abroad when required.
- Carry out thorough checks when preparing goods for dispatch to ensure the packing methods are appropriate for the goods and the route.
- Completing all relevant paperwork such as the bills of lading, labelling, timesheets and detailed condition reports with photos in a timely manner.
- Ensure that any issues are reported to supervisors on site.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
The main skills required include:
- Previous experience as an Art Handler or an HGV driver, ideally within a Fine Art Shipping or Removals company is required.
- Strong fine art handling, packing and wrapping skills are required for both roles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- A forklift licence is preferred but not essential.
- Willing to attend art events and exhibitions when required.
Share this vacancy
Sector: Logistics, Procurement, Distribution and Supply Chain
Location: London, Greater London, England
Salary: Market related
Posted: 10 Jan 2019