We are looking for an experienced International Household Goods Moving professional to fulfil a Global Moving Consultant opportunity with our client.
This position will be responsible for managing the door-to-door shipping services for relocating assignees.
Previous experience working in the household goods moving and freight forwarding sector is preferred.
You will develop relationships with existing clients, proactively managing their international relocations in a fast-paced environment.
Serving as point of contact for both assignees and HR teams, you will be accountable for managing the moving and relocation shipping services including; presenting quotations, booking third party shipping vendors, confirming schedules and retaining contact.
- Managing, and being accountable for a caseload of household goods moving services for corporate accounts
- Researching, communicating and ensuring that shipping customs requirements and restrictions are adhered to for international relocations
- Proactively communicating with the relocating assignees, colleagues and vendors to ensure all partied are fully update don the status of the move
- Developing relationships with our clients, the relocating assignees and external shipping vendors
- Building an in-depth knowledge of assigned clients' policies, cultures and service requirements
- Implementing and adhering to our clearly defined processes, to ensure consistency in services
- Updating the in-house technology platform and delivering high quality data to our clients
- Coordinating and managing third party partners; reserving, booking and auditing services provided by the partners
- Focusing on high caseloads and fast turnaround packages
- Preparing reports for clients and colleagues
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Outstanding communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience working in the household goods moving, freight forwarding and/or relocation sector
- A brilliant understanding of geography and cultures
- Outstanding organisational skills, experience managing multiple projects
- Ability to work proactively and independently
- A keen eye for detail and commercial awareness
- A positive, team focused, 'can-do' attitude
- The ability to manage and resolve conflicts or high-pressure situations
- Fluency in English is essential, and additional languages are beneficial
- High level working proficiency in all Microsoft office programs- especially excel
Share this vacancy
Location: Surrey, England
Salary: Market related
Posted: 12 Apr 2019