A Global Customs Organisation are looking for a Senior Customs Analyst to join their team in Essex.
- Responsible for supporting the customs services
- Registering of customs documents and data via e-mail
- Processing of customs relevant data in the customs/port/inventory system.
- Communication of consignment status to parties involved in the supply chain
- Deal promptly and effectively with queries and concerns
- Monitor the EU and National Tax, Excise Tax, Import and Export regulations
- Plan and conduct compliance audits
- Act as a compliance expert in the UK and European Union
- Provide support to the internal and external customers regarding operational and trade compliance
- Obtain and analyse impacts of new changes to laws/regulations
- Contribute to customer satisfaction through positive interaction with the client
- Collaborate fully with other team members in the area in the day-to-day operation
- Provide ongoing support to Customs supervisor
- Good Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize workload to ensure deadlines are met
- Excellent organization skills
- Detailed knowledge of the National and EU tax, excise tax, import, export and transit regulations
- Ability to provide interpretation and direction on laws and regulations to all levels
- Working knowledge of Compliance audits
- Competency in auditing the Company and customers against EU and International Trade requirements
- Previous experience working with Customs systems
- Knowledge of Imports, Transit and/or Exports.
- Experience of working in an operations environment or supply chain
- Computer literate and familiar with MS-Office.
Share this vacancy
Sector: Logistics, Procurement, Distribution and Supply Chain
Location: Dagenham, Greater London, England
Salary: Market related
Posted: 06 Feb 2019