We are currently seeking an experienced Business Development Manager with extensive experienced in the Freight/Shipping sectors.
This role is working for a successful global logistics company with offices in the Manchester area.
The successful candidate will be:
- Assessing customer requirements, managing the relationship, customer visits and preparing/delivering presentations appropriately to customers in order to close business.
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers in person and via telephone calls and emails; ensuring that service to existing customer base in maintained, that there is a thorough understanding of the business and be proactive in generating additional sales through them.
- Identification of potential new company's and providing initial research data to the VP Sales for agreement on target customer base.
- Drafting of presentation, documents, correspondence and other items of literature such as mail shots, publicity items and brochures
- Conduct desk research on relevant and potential customers, driving initial contact with them in order to arrange meetings and discuss new business prospects.
You will have:
- Significant experience in freight Forwarding role or 1 years successful experience in a demonstrably similar sales role in Logistics in ideally both Air and Ocean freight.
- Minimum of 5 GCSES at C or above which must include Maths and English, some level of further education in a job related discipline would also be desirable.
- Customer and commercially focussed to deliver great service for appropriate reward
- Tenacious and able to deal with rejection and move on
- Creative when finding and converting opportunities
- Careful to ensure that all the relevant detail is complete and accurate
What you will get:
- Excellent base Salary
- Great Bonus scheme
- Car Allowance
- Holidays - 25 days plus bank holidays
- Life Assurance x 2
- Group Pension Scheme
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a great company.
If you match the spec closely, please apply straight away.
Share this vacancy
Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester, England
Salary: £35k - 50k per year + Bonus + Car Allowance
Posted: 13 Feb 2019