A prestigious Auction House are seeking to hire a Jewelry Specialist to join their Jewelry Department in Los Angeles.
The main responsibilities include:
- Carry out jewelry valuations for client property in LA and throughout the US.
- Continually seeking new clients and regularly reaching out to existing ones.
- Attending and assisting at national and international exhibitions in order to gain awareness of the jewelry industry and competitors.
- Keeping in contact with trade specialists to encourage continued business.
- Working alongside Directors and department specialists to formulate business development, marketing and advertising strategies.
- Providing support to senior specialists, sharing knowledge and promoting development wherever possible.
- Degree in Gemology beneficial, but not essential.
- Genuine interest and good knowledge of jewelry.
- Valuation skills with strong market and trend awareness.
- Able to work both as part of a team and independently.
- Comfortable working to deadlines and under pressure.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Must be available to travel regularly due to the demands of the role.
- Demonstrable portfolio/network of industry contacts.
If you are interested in hearing more about this exciting opportunity, please reach out to Alchemy today for a confidential discussion.
Share this vacancy
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Posted: 01 Mar 2019