Our client, an international manufacturing company, is seeking to hire an experienced Customs Compliance professional to join their Chelmsford-based team.
This is an excellent opportunity to take the next step in your career by becoming part of a globally-recognised organisation. Candidates must have previous experience dealing with freight agents and an extensive knowledge of both UK and EU customs.
- Monitor changes in UK and EU Customs Community Directives and align business processes to comply with new requirements
- Provide assistance and guidance to company import specialists and administrators where necessary, including collaborating to classify products and raw materials to comply with import & export regulations
- Work with company import specialists/administrators to develop an audit program to ensure compliant processes behaviour.
- Ensure information regarding global import compliance is communicated, understood and key initiatives are implemented by holding regular conference calls with regional import specialists/administrators
- Assist with investigations of any incidences of non-compliance with customs laws/regulations, assist with various customs compliance projects, and regularly provide reports on significant trade compliance activities and risks
- Produce and implement effective import training material and provide functional training to personnel
- Ensure company compliance with customs and applicable regulations worldwide by developing and implementing standardized policies, processes and best practices on customs compliance
- Identify potential areas vulnerability and risk and work to fully investigate and resolve or mitigate this risk
- Provide performance reviews on all import administrators for direct supervisors and set compliance targets
- Conduct import audits and consult with the company's CITC and Corporate Legal as needed to resolve any legal compliance issues.
- Assist with investigation and drafting of voluntary disclosures to HMRC.
- Assist with acquisition due diligence as it relates to customs compliance.
- In coordination with CITC, review and make recommendations relating to issuance of certificates of origin relating to preferential duty programs
- Provide all facilities with official updates issued by HMRC (tariff changes. etc.)
- Monitor and set KPI's on the company's UK's chosen freight agents
- Audit chosen freight agents at least once per annum
- Provide Import and export administrator function for IT shared services and others as required
- Work with Finance shared services to provide information and support on import VAT and Customs Bank Guarantees
- Visit all company sites within the UK with importing or exporting activity at least once per year. Additional travel to other US or European sites may be required on occasion.
- In-depth knowledge of EU/UK Customs, UK Customs regulations, valuation, classification and special trade programs
- Experience with freight agents
- Have had previous experience implementing import trade compliance programs across multiple companies
- Experience in Binding Tariff Information/evaluating MSS Data/Inward Processing Relief transactions a bonus
- Able to influence, motivate and interact with persons at all levels across the company
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to prioritise and multi-task
- A drive to achieve results
- An ability work independently and collaboratively in order to make and achieve goals
Share this vacancy
Sector: Logistics, Procurement, Distribution and Supply Chain
Location: Chelmsford, Essex, England
Salary: Market related
Posted: 13 Feb 2019