A top provider of multimodal international freight solutions is seeking an experienced Ocean Freight Operations Trainee to join their team based in Essex. The client is seeking a candidate with previous experience either in freight forwarding, shipping or logistics, working in an administrative capacity.
Duties of the role include:
- Working alongside and supporting the import and export teams with general office administration, ensuring the freight process is able to operate efficiently.
- Liaising with worldwide partners and sending pre-alerts.
- Emailing arrival advice and export departure details to clients
- Regularly checking import deliveries
- Emailing invoices and back up documents to clients
- Accurately inputting data onto the company system - mainly consignment details
- Professionally answering telephone calls
- Previous administrative experience working within either freight forwarding, shipping or logistics
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn and develop new skills within the role
- Strong organisational skills
- Numeracy and Literacy skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages.
If you would like to discuss this exciting opportunity, please apply to Alchemy today.
Share this vacancy
Sector: Logistics, Procurement, Distribution and Supply Chain
Location: Essex, England
Salary: £negotiable depending on experience
Posted: 15 Feb 2019