A leading Shipping company based in London are looking for a talented Customs Coordinator to join their busy team based in London.
- With with the Team Lead and other colleagues, assist with the transition and implementation of new system.
- Seek out solutions to issues and look for ways to reduce cost and time wastage, especially regarding clearance processes.
- Keep current knowledge of customs legislation, relevant documentation and tariffs.
- Communicate regularly with the Logistics Operational team.
- Communicate with customers dealing with customs issues.
- Notify Customs of late entries.
- Calculate the approximate duty and VAT by trader.
- Operate as a teamplayer, working with colleagues to resolve any customs errors.
- Running monthly reports.
- Act as point of contact and answer queries and support other Customs Coordinators.
- Train new staff.
- Ensure that supplementary declarations are completed within the required timescales.
- Responsible for the creation and transmission of FSD for all SDIs entered by customs.
- Minimum 100 entries per week.
- Experience in customs brokerage environment
- Track record of working with customs legislation and procedures
- Strong interpersonal skills / team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Good customer service skills
This is a not to be missed opening, apply today!
Share this vacancy
Sector: Logistics, Procurement, Distribution and Supply Chain
Location: Stratford, Greater London, England
Salary: Market related
Posted: 15 Mar 2019