Our client, a Fine Art Shipping Company are seeking to hire an Art Technician to join their expanding team in London.
The main requirements of the role are:
- Carry out the handling, movement and storage of fine art and antiques with a high level of care and skill.
- Packing and unpacking objects in a correct and safe manner.
- Helping drivers to deliver and install artworks in Art Galleries, Auction Houses, Museums and Private Collector's Houses or offices.
- Ensure the safety and security of the goods is always monitored and full compliance with company policies and Health and Safety procedures.
- Assist team members when required on warehouse duties.
- Carry out all condition reporting and ensure that all paperwork is correct and organised.
- Meet all deadlines for preparation of artworks for transportation and temporary exhibitions, including planning and communication with all shipping coordinators.
- Provide exceptional client service, both internally and externally.
The key skills required:
- Previous experience working in a similar role for an Art Shipping company, Gallery or Museum is required.
- Fine art handling and installation skills are essential.
- Experience communicating with high profile clients is required.
- A willingness to learn and flexibility within the workplace.
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills are essential.
Share this vacancy
Sector: Logistics, Procurement, Distribution and Supply Chain
Location: London, Greater London, England
Salary: Market related
Posted: 20 Mar 2019