The General Accountant will be responsible for general ledger accounting, accounting reconciliations and supporting internal and external financial reporting for the company, who are a worldwide organisation.
- Reviewing and preparing monthly journal entries and general ledger account reconciliations for end of month.
- Investigate and resolve Tax and VAT related issues.
- Assist auditors by preparing relevant material.
- Undertake special projects as and when required.
- Liaison with other departments/operations across the organization to provide financial insight and assistance.
- Review processes to identify and implement best practices to improve efficiency.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience Required;
- Fluent English and German languages essential.
- HGB Certified.
- BA in General accounting and / or relevant accounting professional certification.
- 3+ years' experience in an International Finance Department.
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable sub ledger experience within a shared services finance department.
- Datev is an advantage.
- Very strong with XL (VLOOKUP, Pivot etc.)
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Thrives in a fast paced, demanding and changing work environment and able to meet deadlines.
- Ability to analyse and report on complex financial data.
- Ability to analyse complex processes and determine the efficiency and effectiveness of the process and related controls.
- Flexible approach with a strong work ethic and commitment to operational excellence.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
Share this vacancy
Location: Hattersheim, Hessen, Germany
Salary: Excellent salary according to experience
Posted: 19 Mar 2019