Our client, a leading provider of moving services, is looking for an Operations Manager to join their busy teams based in Manchester. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on, enthusiastic individual with demonstratable experience in logistical and people management.
- Effectively managing vehicles and crew to ensure efficiency and profitability.
- Allocating the correct amount of resources for each job and remaining within estimated costs, taking into account the seasonal nature of the business.
- Ensure that the diary is always accurate and that the correct vehicles and men are accounted for at any given time.
- Communicating regularly with the move managers and other departments on all aspects of the removal process.
- All aspects of fleet maintenance including but not limited to, servicing of vans, taxing of vans, tyre checks, tail lift services, MOTs.
- Manage, schedule and confirm all shifts for the crew and notify them of their work schedule.
- Maintain stock levels of packing materials and equipment needed for removals, replenishing as and when necessary.
- Regular communication with other departments and crew.
- Assisting with the recruitment of Removal Crew and contractors.
- Staff training and development as and when required.
- Manage local sales personnel effectively.
If you are interested in hearing more about this exciting opportunity, please contact Alchemy today!
Share this vacancy
Sector: Logistics, Procurement, Distribution and Supply Chain
Location: Greater Manchester, England
Salary: £negotiable depending on experience
Posted: 25 Mar 2019