A well-established and fast-growing retail organisation are seeking a Shipping Manager to join their talented team in the Surrey Area.
Their products are manufactured primarily in Europe and Asia and are sold in their stores throughout the UK.
- Generating export documentation by sea, air, road and courier and processing documentation for import customs clearance purposes, including for Letter of Credit presentations.
- Negotiating freight rates and preparing detailed freight quotes on a global basis, for sea, air and road shipment methods.
- Checking and authorising carrier and other 3rd party invoices for payment.
- Take ownership of and lead department related meetings, both internally and externally
- Managing carrier and factory performance and ensure they are meeting KPI's.
- Work closely with the Quality Controller to assist with supplier returns
- Strong IT skills, including Microsoft Office products and the ability to manipulate large amounts of data and generate reports in EXCEL.
- Order processing experience using MRP systems, Axapta are a plus.
- Ability to manage a heavy workload under pressure and prioritise conflicting requirements.
- Proactive approach to problem-solving with high attention to detail and ability to suggest and implement improvements to processes and procedures.
- Produce reports to evaluate the costs of transportation, highlighting any inefficiencies and cost savings for international importing and transportation
- Contribute to seasonal supplier appraisals ensure all supply chain information is collated and delivery performance is analysed
- Global shipping experience, encompassing sea, air, road and courier, especially cross-trade and, ideally, covering shipments from Europe and Asia, of which ideally 3 years should be at management level.
- Experience of working with off-shore manufacturing facilities, especially in European and Asia locations
- Transport claims management experience, including conducting annual review of Company marine insurance policy.
- Detailed understanding of the customs clearance process for goods coming into the UK
Share this vacancy
Sector: Logistics, Procurement, Distribution and Supply Chain
Location: Surrey, England
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
Posted: 28 Mar 2019