We've been provided with a new and exciting job opportunity for the role of an Art Handler, participating in warehouse maintenance for an art delivery facility based in New York state.
It would be a great advantage for the candidate to have experience handling a wide range of fine art objects, including packing, moving and storing art.
The role will include but is not limited to:
- Taking in and sending out shipments.
- Warehouse maintenance - making sure that storage is kept efficient and well organised.
- Correctly preparing artwork for storage and transportation.
- Keen attention to detail for frequent facility inspections.
- Ability to confidently prepare gallery spaces for viewings.
- Scanning and itemising each of the properties; outgoing and incoming for the purposes of inventory control.
- Must be confident in creating displays for artwork for private viewings.
- Administrative inventory tasks including BOL's for all shipments.
- Respectful of company policy and willing to consistently uphold high moral standards.
- Occasionally it may be required to participate in overtime and weekend work.
- Experience working within an art storage, logistics or shipping environment would be a benefit.
- Experience within a warehouse, storage and inventory environment is required.
- Applicants must hold a driver's license.
- A competitive wage is offered, alongside healthcare and pension.
Share this vacancy
Location: Long Island City, New York, United States
Salary: Market related
Posted: 04 Jul 2019