Fleet Operations Manager
We are currently seeking an experienced Shipping Fleet Operations Manager for an exciting role based in either Miami or Panama.
The role involves overseeing my clients growing fleet of Bitumen carriers, enabling their efficient and profitable operation and allowing continued company growth.
- Coordinate the day-to-day operational activities, liaising with any external agents and Marine Technical Superintendents, etc. to ensure an efficient commercial operation
- In charge of ensuring the vessels voyage is performed efficiently and ensuring costs are kept to a minimum
- Coordinating bunker intakes
- Assist with any commercial analysis, preparation of company operational and annual reports and Off-hire statements on completion of each voyage
- Provide detailed nominations to agents and inspectors listing all loading and product requirements
- Submit information to regulatory entities for export
- Provide instructions for filing exports (AES)
- Submit BL instructions and maintain properly labelled digital files and documents for all bulk shipments
- Support the accounting department with accurate data to ensure proper invoicing and cost allocation/invoice approval
- Review and negotiate demurrage claims
- Prepare and maintain records for operations KPI's (vessel eta load / discharge, laycan compliance)
- Special projects as assigned.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English. Mandarin and/or Cantonese would be a plus
- Experience in tanker operations and logistics
- Knowledge of international norms, insurance policies, documentation and contracts.
- Ability to make decisions under pressure, as well as demonstrating excellent reasoning and analytical skills is essential
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while maintaining a strong sense of urgency to complete assigned tasks
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Customer oriented personality and analytical skills
- Proven track record of successful development and execution of cost savings initiatives
There is an excellent package available for the right person with the opportunity for continued advancement as the company grows.
Share this vacancy
Sector: Logistics, Procurement, Distribution and Supply Chain
Location: Florida City, Florida, United States
Salary: Excellent package + Relocation
Posted: 10 Apr 2019