Our client, an expanding Fine Art Shipping company are currently seeking to employ a Senior Shipping Manager to join their office in London.
The main responsibilities include:
- Reporting to the Director and assisting with the expansion and development of the freight department.
- Coordinating the shipments from start to finish, providing quotes on the most commercially viable method of transport.
- Responsible for the booking and tracking of all methods of air, sea and road freight and ensure that all the relevant documentation and invoices are carried out in an accurate and timely manner.
- Liaise with all vendors with regards to the safe transportation of goods.
- Guarantee that client satisfaction is always prioritised and maintain constant communication with all customers in the shipping of fine art and antiques.
- Responsible for all aspects of complex customs entries and procedures.
- Develop new relationships with suppliers and improve all freight processes.
The skills required include:
- Previous experience working within a similar role for a Fine Art Shipping company is essential.
- A sound understanding of the art shipping procedures for air, sea and road freight as well as the applicable documentation, such as export licences and cites permits.
- Excellent communication skills to build long-lasting relationships with clients is crucial to this role.
- The ability to balance tasks and work under pressure is essential.
Share this vacancy
Sector: Logistics, Procurement, Distribution and Supply Chain
Location: London, Greater London, England
Salary: Market related
Posted: 04 Jul 2019