Our client, a professional Art shipping company based in London is currently looking to hire a Transport Manager.
In this position a successful applicant will be responsible for daily management of European transport operations.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Directing each aspect of the transport process, dealing with both fine art and antiques.
- Daily logistical preparation and management of UK and European transport routes, considering both profitability and cost efficiency working together as a team with members in office as well as customers.
- Schedule all transportation and correctly produce operational reports and detailed records of drivers and trucks.
- Liaising between both clients and suppliers and solve disputes and difficulties.
- Some administrative duties would be required, ensuring timely invoicing and other transport documentation.
- Previous experience working within the Transport Industry is required. Fine Art Transport experience is beneficial.
- Comfortable building and maintaining relationships with professionals with colleagues and clients.
- It would be advantageous for the applicant to demonstrate a good knowledge of EU transport regulation.
- Excellent communication skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office based software is required.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely and professional manner.
If this role sounds like the next step for you, please contact Alchemy Recruitment for further information.
Share this vacancy
Sector: Logistics, Procurement, Distribution and Supply Chain
Location: London, Greater London, England
Salary: Market related
Posted: 21 May 2019