We have a rare opportunity for an experienced Sales Manager, Ship Agency to join a leading organisation within the Maritime sector based in Tokyo, Japan.
The main purpose for this role is to manage the profitability of current and new clients.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop profitable sales with current and prospective customers within the region
- Create sales plans based on the company's and individual targets using new and pre-existing client pipelines, liaising closely with internal sales managers and Ship Agency contacts.
- Work closely with Operations, Customer Services & Technical Sales resources ensuring wide customer relationships to increase sales.
- Secure full compliance with the company's sales governance for own portfolio
- Confirm accurate and updated information on own accounts in the CRM
- Certify customers adhere to all terms, including credit, and that the deal generates optimal return through proactive contract management
- Secure multilevel entry points with own accounts
- Responsible for customer credit and risk management related to customer portfolio
- Ensure close collaboration with the Credit team, monitoring and taking corrective actions when needed
- Acting as a main point of contact for new and existing customers to maintain and cultivate relationships and future business development opportunities to focus on increasing sales.
- Over 3 years' experience working within the Shipping sector
- Proven track record of develop existing and new shipping business
- Keen sales individual with the drive to win new business
- Excellent knowledge of a range of commodities, such as trade patterns, key players, client needs and purchase drivers.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent marine qualification preferred
- Preferably experience developing shipping business on an international scale
- Proven communication skills and a good command of the Japanese and English language (verbal and written)
- IT literate, with experience from working with excel, MS office, CRM systems etc.
Share this vacancy
Sector: Logistics, Procurement, Distribution and Supply Chain
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Salary: Market related
Posted: 27 Jun 2019