A well-established and fast-growing manufacturer and distribution organisation are seeking a Senior Shipping Coordinator to join their talented team in the North London Area.
Their products are manufactured primarily in Europe and Asia and are sold mainly to the USA where they have offices and warehouses. Other sales regions are Europe, Asia & Russia.
This will suit a Shipping professional with experience processing high levels of orders.
- Completed high amounts of orders using MRP systems
- Liaise with off-shore manufacturing facilities in European and Far East locations
- Communicate with shipping department to ensure all orders are actioned
- Assisting the shipping team with administrative responsibilities
- Report any delivery discrepancies
- Build relationships with clients, suppliers
- Check availability/stock positions
- Process imports from the EU and Asia and exports to the US
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Excellent telephone manner and oral communication skills
- Strong IT skills, including Microsoft Office products and the ability to manipulate large amounts of data and generate reports in Excel
- Experience of working with off-shore manufacturing facilities, especially in European and Far East locations, with a good understanding of international trade and shipping generally, furniture industry experience a plus.
Share this vacancy
Sector: Logistics, Procurement, Distribution and Supply Chain
Location: London, Greater London, England
Salary: £30k - 35k per year
Posted: 31 May 2019