An exciting position has become available for an experienced Artist Liaison and Sales Director to join a fast-growing team in a Contemporary Art Gallery located in New York.
The purpose of the role is to build and maintain relationships with international artists whilst also representing the gallery and artists at art fairs in order to increase the gallery presence and sales.
The main responsibilities include:
- A senior supportive role working alongside the Owner of the gallery to assist with business strategy and the galleries direction.
- Coordination with the development of marketing campaigns, supervision of logistical deadlines and implementation of sales strategies on behalf of the gallery's artists.
- Responsible for managing the artists inventory, exhibitions and sales.
- Working with the artists on commissions.
- Some administrative responsibilities will be required to maintain the high level of organisation required to present artist exhibitions.
- In addition, liaising with collectors, curators and artists in order to ensure the smooth running of the gallery.
- A strong ability to communicate professionally with gallery artists, delegating where necessary.
- Domestic and International travel is required to art fairs and exhibitions.
- Proven sales experience within a gallery or art fair.
- Familiarity with operating in a large international commercial gallery.
- For more information about this exciting opportunity, please contact Alchemy Recruitment.
Share this vacancy
Location: New York, New Jersey, United States
Salary: Market related
Posted: 11 Oct 2019