A fantastic opportunity is available for an experienced Household Goods Shipping professional.
This role requires previous experience managing international household goods moves from start to finish, serving as the senior point of contact for the client.
You will serve as the international moving specialist, managing door-to-door shipping services for relocating assignees.
You will proactively manage the international relocation needs of a dedicated client portfolio.
The Household Goods Shipping Consultant will be accountable for the full delivery of moving and relocation shipping services including; presenting quotations, booking third party shipping vendors, confirming schedules and retaining contact.
- Managing and being accountable for a caseload of household goods moving shipping services for corporate accounts
- Researching, communicating and ensuring that shipping customs requirements and restrictions are adhered to for international relocations
- Proactively communicating with the relocating assignees, colleagues and vendors to ensure all parties are fully updated on the status of the move
- Developing relationships with clients, the relocating assignees, and external shipping vendors
- Building an in-depth knowledge of assigned clients' policies, cultures and service requirements
- Implementing and adhering to company processes to ensure consistency in services
- Updating the in-house technology platform and delivering high quality data to clients
- Co-ordinating and managing third party partners; reserving, booking and auditing services provided by the partners
- Focusing on high caseloads and fast turnaround packages
- Preparing reports for clients and colleagues
Skills & Experience:
- Experience working in the household goods moving, freight forwarding and/or relocation sector
- A brilliant understanding of geography and cultures
- Outstanding organisational skills, experience managing multiple projects
- Ability to work proactively and independently
- A keen eye for detail and commercial awareness
- A positive, team focused, 'can-do' attitude
- The ability to manage and resolve conflicts or high-pressure situations
- Fluency in English is essential, and additional languages are beneficial
- High level working proficiency in all Microsoft office programs- especially Excel
- Outstanding communication skills both verbal and written
Share this vacancy
Sector: Property and Real-estate
Location: Surrey, England
Salary: Highly Competitive
Posted: 04 Jun 2019