An art organisation is now seeking Art Handlers / Technicians to join their skilled London based team. The positions are with a prestigious employer with a Global reputation as being a leading heritage institution.
Responsibilities for an Art Handler / Technician include:
- Exceptional care in handling, movement, storage and packing of property with your primary focus and goal being the safety of both people and property at all times.
- A high level of personal presentation at all times and compliance with the department dress code.
- Complete relevant training and all other training and refresher training schedules.
- Accurate checking and condition reporting of all property.
- Ensure all incidents, accidents, damages or losses are reported to your manager immediately and an accident report form completed.
- Meet all deadlines for preparation of sales for exhibition set ups, views, breakdowns and transport, including planning and communication with all sale coordinators.
- Ensure all equipment inspections are carried out and defects reported, in addition to day to day maintenance.
- Maintain designated areas and ensure excellent housekeeping throughout the complex.
- Maintain a high level of security at all times.
- Ensure that all property is accounted for at all times whilst in the galleries and that all exhibitions are complete before public viewing commences.
- Ensure property condition report and risk assessments are completed for all sales prior to public viewing.
- Safety first attitude and exceptional care in handling and security of client's property.
- Packing, wrapping and handling artwork and antiques.
- Prior experience as an Art Technician or Art Handler.
- Excellent client service skills.
- Flexible approach to work. Able to work evenings, weekends when required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Able to work well within a team and a proven ability to communicate well with clients and staff from other departments.
- Enthusiastic, honest, highly self-motivated and able to remain calm under pressure.
- Very high level of attention to detail and organisational skills.
- General computer literacy.
- Able to undertake regular heavy lifting.
Share this vacancy
Location: London, Greater London, England
Salary: Market related
Posted: 13 Jun 2019