An exciting opportunity is available to join a top provider within the supply chain industry as a Trade Customs Compliance Manager.
The Trade Customs Compliance Manager will be expected to act as a key source of knowledge for all import, export and customs regulatory matters. This position will be key in implementing processes that ensure all trade and customs operations within the business are compliant with current legislation.
Key responsibilities of the Trade Customs Compliance Manager include:
- Playing a key role in assisting to develop regional company policies to ensure complete compliance with Import/Export legislations, minimising chances of penalties and trading restrictions.
- Implementing procedures to ensure all trade and customs operations are legal, efficient and profitable within the supply chain model.
- Regularly monitoring and assessing the companies compliance status within customs regulatory bodies, national and international import/export regulatory authorities and relevant fiscal authorities.
- Assuming responsibilities to ensure all employees are trained to maintain the businesses position as a market leader within the industry by developing training programmes concerning legislation changes, commercial trends and supply chain knowledge.
- Assist in the development and publication of communication to employees regarding the status of trade and customs compliance to ensure all trade and customs operations are legal.
- Responsibility for the management of imported and exported goods, including but not limited to the completion and processing of customs documentation and all auditable records relating to bonded warehouse transactions in line with HMRC guidelines.
Competencies of the Trade Customs Compliance Manager include:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent highly desirable but not essential
- Excellent understanding of International Trade, Compliance and Customs regulations
- Knowledge of BIS/ECO/EAR/ITAR regulations.
- Previous exposure to the development of business policies and process governance within an international business
- Previous experience in working alongside international government agencies
- IT literate including use of MS office
- Analytical, confident and forward thinking
- Strong project management skills
- Previous use of AS400/mainframe system and external customs and export reporting tools.
Share this vacancy
Sector: Logistics, Procurement, Distribution and Supply Chain
Location: Derby, Derbyshire, England
Salary: £80k per year
Posted: 27 Jun 2019